David A. Arietta, J.D.
David is a native San Franciscan and a graduate of Saint Ignatius College Preparatory in San Francisco. He obtained his Bachelor of Science degree from the Haas School of Business, U.C. Berkeley, with a dual major in finance and accounting. He then earned his Juris Doctor degree at King Hall, U.C. Davis and was admitted to the California State Bar in 1993. His legal career began in business and bankruptcy litigation. In 1999, he opened his own practice in Walnut Creek and expanded the practice into the trusts and estates field. His background in business, finance, and accounting has helped him navigate the complex financial issues of his practice.
David is a certified specialist in both bankruptcy law and estate planning, trust and probate law, as designated by the California Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California. He is the only attorney in the State of California to have achieved that designation in both areas of law.
The firm is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell –a testament to the fact that David’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Bankruptcy, Estate and Probate, Solo Sections
- Estate Planning Council of Diablo Valley
- Walnut Creek Senior Center, Will Clinic Coordinator and Volunteer Attorney, 2000 – present
- AIDS Legal Referral Panel, Panel Volunteer Attorney, 1996 – present
- Softball umpire PHBA
- AIDS Legal Referral Panel Hero Award (consecutively each year since 2000)
- Past President, Bankruptcy Section, Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Past President, Solo Section, Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Editorial Board member, Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Frequent speaker to various real estate, tax, and attorney organizations
- Softball, Fishing, Gardening, and Vineyard Management (Dupratt Vineyard, Anderson Valley)
Office / Legal Staff
Megan Huffman is the Office and Legal Assistant, and is often the first point of contact for clients. Megan has worked in the office since 2006.