David A. Arietta, J.D.
David is a native San Franciscan and a graduate of Saint Ignatius College Preparatory in San Francisco. He obtained his Bachelor of Science degree from the Haas School of Business, U.C. Berkeley, with a dual major in finance and accounting. He then earned his Juris Doctor degree at King Hall, U.C. Davis and was admitted to the California State Bar in 1993. His legal career began in business and bankruptcy litigation. In 1999, he opened his own practice in Walnut Creek. His background in business, finance, and accounting has proved to be invaluable in navigating the complex financial issues of his practice.
David is a certified specialist in bankruptcy law, as designated by the State Bar of California. He is one of approximately 130 attorneys in the State of California to have achieved that designation, and one of only six certified specialists in Contra Costa County.
The firm is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell. A testament to the fact that David’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Bankruptcy, Estate and Probate Sections
- Estate Planning Council of Diablo Valley
- Walnut Creek Senior Center, Will Clinic Coordinator and Volunteer Attorney since 2000
- Saint Mary’s Elementary School Walnut Creek
- AIDS Legal Referral Panel, Panel Volunteer Attorney since 1996
- Kokanee Power
- Rotary International (inactive)
- Softball coach
- AIDS Legal Referral Panel Hero Award (consecutively each year since 2000)
- President, Bankruptcy Section, Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Past President, Sole Practitioner’s Section, Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Frequent speaker to various real estate, tax, and attorney organizations
- Softball, Fishing, Gardening, and Vineyard Management
Megan Huffman is is the Office Assistant, and is often the first point of contact for clients. Megan has worked in the office since 2006.